We at Cathedral of Light are ecstatic announce Love Notes, our new monthly E-newsletter! It is vital to us that our church family stays informed and involved. This newsletter aims to share with you our latest news, upcoming sermons, engaging readings, exciting events, and more! The newsletters will go out on the Monday preceding the first Sunday of the month.
At present, the newsletter has seven sections:
- Revving Up! – a letter from your Senior Minister, Rev. Melinda Wood Allen
- On the Boardwalk – a letter from your Board of Trustees
- This Prayer’s For You – a blessing from one of our Prayer Partners, and a list of of those of you who have asked for prayers from the larger community. (This is a separate list from the Prayer Partner list, which is kept private!) If you would like to be included in our public prayer list, please contact our Administrator, Maddie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.*
- On the Money – a financial briefing from your Senior Minister or the board to inform you of the church’s fiscal health!
- Notes From Home – messages, stories, and prayers from YOU, our congregants! Members are invited to share their stories or struggles, what this community means to you, the effect of the practice of Truth Principles in your life, or simply an inspirational message or poem that you want to share with others! If you have something you would like to share, please contact Rev. Melinda at email@example.com.*
- Stay Tuned! – this is the church’s calendar for the upcoming month, including sermon topics, classes, and any special events!
- On the Town – a space for non-church-sponsored events of interest, e.g. performances, outings, volunteer opportunities, and more! If you’re doing something cool** that you want your church family to know about, contact Maddie at firstname.lastname@example.org!*
*To have your content considered for addition to an upcoming newsletter, please submit no later than the 15th of each month. Submissions sent after this cutoff date are not guaranteed to be included in the next month’s newsletter, but may be added to the one after.
**On the Town is a space reserved for events that our church family and neighbors are involved in! If there’s an outside show, lecture, or other event that you would like to go see, but doesn’t involve a church member, the space for this is our Facebook group, COL: Friends Helping Friends!
The newsletter schedule for the remainder of 2019 is as follows, barring any potential unforeseen delays:
- July 1 (July edition)
- July 29 (August edition)
- August 26 (September edition)
- September 30 (October edition)
- October 28 (November edition)
- November 25 (December edition)
- December 30 (New Year’s edition!)
If you would like to subscribe, drop your info into our subscription form on the right-hand sidebar, call our office during business hours (M/T/W, 9:30-3:30), or email email@example.com to put yourself on the list!